The Maison des Orpellières is the place where we welcome you and where you can enjoy our many activities! A place of tourist and educational information, it will enable you to better understand the many facets of the site and the environmental challenges of the area.
In the visitors’ centre you will find:
- Our tourist office in Les Orpellières: our team welcomes you and informs you about the site of Les Orpellières but also about the surroundings and the destination Béziers Méditerranée.
- The gourmet corner: a place to quench your thirst and buy local products (fruit juices, wines, pâtés, charcuterie and many others!)!
- The shop: Gourmet products, cosmetics, textiles, cards, games for children, books… a wide choice awaits you in the Orpellières shop!
- The permanent exhibition (free): “The life and work of time in the Orpellières”.
- The Scenovision (free): This immersive video will immerse you in the unique landscapes of the Orpellières so that they no longer hold any secrets for you!
- The treasure hunt “Alice and the mysterious egg”: Help Alice to find the family of the mysterious egg: a convivial and playful moment with your children!
- A full programme of activities and events!
On the area, you will find:
- A free car park with 250 spaces for cars, motorbikes and coaches, 7 minutes’ walk from the visitors’ centre.
- A hiking and discovery trail:
- The Belvedere: a “colourful” moment, climb the stairs and enjoy a breathtaking view of the Orpellières landscape!
- The Tellines Observatory with a breathtaking view of the sea and the nature reserve,
- A resource centre: one of the 7 national education resource centres in the Hérault. An educational room (60m2) will be dedicated to welcoming children.
- Picnic tables,
- Games for children.
From 3 July to 31 August :
• Monday from 9:00 to 20:00
• Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 to 19:00
• Friday from 9:00 to 22:30
From 1st to 30th September: daily from 09:00 to 19:00
Access and parking:
GPS : Latitude : +43° 15’48.7″ /Longitude : +3° 18′ 47.0″E